As a result of Amazon’s introduction of Prime, the retail shopping experience has been transformed. Prime members are best known for its fast, free delivery service, but the benefits go far beyond that. The following section discusses some of the key advantages that come along with a Prime membership to make sure your membership meets your needs and wants every day.
What is the cost of becoming a member of Amazon Prime?
The first thing we need to consider is the cost. Prime members enjoy fast, free delivery on millions of items, exclusive perks, and savings, but Prime memberships cost $14.99 a month, or $139 a year if subscribed annually. SNAP EBT and Medicaid recipients receive Prime Access for just $6.99 per month.
Those who are enrolled in two or four-year colleges may subscribe to Prime Student for $7.49 per month or $69 per year, which includes additional exclusive perks that are specifically tailored to students’ needs. If you are interested in Prime or Prime Access, there is a thirty-day trial period, allowing you to take advantage of the benefits for 30 days without paying a membership fee.
There are five primary benefits to becoming a member of Amazon Prime
- Amazon Prime Video features over 25,000 movies and TV shows, including exclusive originals, live sports, and film premieres. With Prime Reading, readers have access to an array of 3,000 books, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, and comic books. You will also find Amazon Original Stories, fiction and nonfiction from bestselling authors, acclaimed storytellers, and emerging talent. Among the benefits of Prime membership are ad-free listening to 100 million songs and millions of podcast episodes via Amazon Music, as well as exclusive in-game loot, free games, and a free Twitch.tv subscription through Prime Gaming.
- Every aspect of Prime membership is discounted, from groceries to prescriptions. When it comes to groceries, Prime members have access to exclusive deals and savings at Whole Foods Market and Amazon Fresh stores in the United States. Their exclusive deals include select everyday favorites, essentials, prepared foods, and more at Amazon Fresh stores—as well as discounts on hundreds of sale items at Whole Foods Market and exclusive deals on select products. To take advantage of these savings, it is necessary to locate the “in-store code” on the home page of the Amazon app and scan it at the checkout.
- Buy with Prime. Prime members are able to shop directly from merchants’ online stores and enjoy Prime’s trusted shopping experience, such as fast, free shipping, streamlined checkout, and free return on eligible purchases. Members of the Prime program can see the Prime logo on eligible products in merchants’ online stores, along with the Prime delivery promise, indicating the item is available for free delivery, as soon as next day, as well as easy returns. The information regarding payment and shipping is stored in a Prime member’s Amazon account, and the member receives timely notification when his or her order has been shipped and delivered.
- A year of free food delivery. There is also an opportunity for Prime members to take advantage of a one-year Grubhub+ trial membership ($9.99 per month value), which allows them to enjoy free delivery on all orders over $12 in over 4,000 cities across the United States.
5. Fast, free delivery guaranteed. With Prime, Amazon members have access to fast, free delivery on millions of items. In addition, they can choose from a variety of delivery options so that their packages can be delivered at the most convenient time and place for them. In addition to Prime One-Day Delivery, members can also purchase hundreds of thousands of items for Free Same-Day Delivery within hours in more than 90 metro areas, with no minimum purchase requirement. Prime members are eligible for over 20 million items eligible for Free One-Day Delivery with no minimum purchase requirement.
Become an Amazon Prime member today to take advantage of Amazon’s fantastic selection, exceptional value, and speedy delivery.
Alexis Boutilier is from Vancouver, British Columbia. She has a high interest in all things tech and loves to stay engaged on all the latest appliances and accessories.