Fostering the love of reading is a challenge for parents. Having them build good habits have to be done when they are little, and as they grow up, they will be reading on their own. Cable television and streaming services are not built around only providing kid friendly content. Letting them use your iPad to play games or Android smartphone, might get them into trouble with all of the adult material floating around the app stores. Is there a better way? Amazon hopes so, they have a program called Kids+. It is a subscription program with 10,000 books, audiobooks, movies, TV shows and apps.
Amazon Kids+ is the only digital subscription for kids with thousands of books, games, videos, Alexa skills, and more. Plus, it’s ad-free and not connected to any social media platforms, so kids can safely learn, grow, and be entertained through content that’s both educational and fun. Just this week, Amazon Kids+ was actually named KidScreen’s “Best Kids-Only Streaming Service.”
With content from top brands trusted by parents and guardians such as Disney, PBS, LEGO, and Sesame Street, access to award-winning books including timeless classics like The Chronicles of Narnia and popular series like Big Nate, exclusive original series, interactive STEM-focused content, and more, there’s always something to explore.
On top of this, parents can have peace of mind knowing all the entertainment on Amazon Kids+ is age-appropriate (designed for kids ages 3-12), and they can further personalize their child’s experience with the tools in Amazon’s Parent Dashboard.
Amazon Kids can be viewed on Kindle e-readers, Fire Tablets, Kindle for Kids, Fire for Kids, Fire TV will provide the best experience, since there is a priority on getting the software right for their hardware. However, if you have an existing Android or iOS device, the Amazon Kids+ app is available on the Apple and Google Play Store. The program is only available in Canada, Germany, Japan, US and UK.
Amazon Kids+ Fast Facts and Features
- Exclusive original series including Blippi’s Treehouse, Hello Kitty: Super Style!, LEGO Monkie Kid, and Do, Re & Mi starring Kristen Bell.
- Content from top brands trusted by parents and guardians, such as Disney, PBS, LEGO, and Sesame Street.
- Thousands of award-winning books from timeless classics like The Chronicles of Narnia, current favorites like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and popular series, like Big Nate.
- STEM-focused content and educational favourites such as PBS Kids, Toca Blocks, and Amazon Math.
- Thousands of audiobook favourites including Stella Batts, Mackenzie Blue, and The Mystwick School of Musicraft
- Interactive apps and games like codeSpark, Sesame Street Alphabet Kitchen, and Crossy Road.
- Access content through a variety of devices, including Echo, Fire tablet, Fire TV, Kindle, Android, and iOS devices, using a single subscription.
- Easy-to-use parental controls, available through Amazon’s Parent Dashboard, to limit screen time, set educational goals, and manage content for up to 4 child profiles.
- A 1-month free trial is available for Prime customers. After that, Amazon Kids+ starts at $4.99 per month for Prime members and $7.99 per month for those who do not yet have Prime.
Michael Kozlowski is the editor of Amazon News Feed. A website devoted to the latest Amazon News. You will find a cohesive editorial direction. Michael covers the latest occurrences in AWS, Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, audiobooks, ebooks and company news.